Saturday, June 30, 2007

Every Man lives for his own emotions

It was one of those great matches of 2003 Cricket world Cup. India Vs Pakistan . I was one among those fourth year hostelites gathered in the cramped TV room in our hostel, dancing every time, Sachin was stroking the ball through the gaps. Emotions were running high and me dancing to its tunes. Never wondered then why I was dancing. But now I do.

Another incident, it was 13-11 score line against me in a shuttle match. The opponent was 5 years younger to me; still I was on the verge of loosing. He served. The shuttle dropped very close to line. I called it out as we had no umpire to Judge. He argued it was in. I was loosing my temper very badly, though I knew the person with whom I am fighting with, is my most favorite person in this world, though I sincerely believe that there can be no ratings in love. Yet, by miles he comes first. But still I feared loosing to him. Sacrifices, he had made I never remembered at that moment. Taking the blame for the mistake I did, breaking a foreign scent bottle, when he was just studying in 2nd standard, because he never wanted his elder brother to get the beatings from his mother. Never wondered then why I was fighting. But now I do.

Every man lives for his own emotions. No doubts.

But give a thought, on who the actual winner was?

Me, winning the match 15 -13.

But there was this gem, walking off gracefully with a tinge of smile in his beautiful face looking at my victory celebrations, may be now I understand that smile was for the maturity levels his elder brother had at that point in his life.

Normally, normal people rejoice their victories, like I was doing. They look elegant and graceful when they are winning, but now I understand, great people like my younger brother are those who look elegant and graceful even when they loose. You get happiness when you win. But more happiness you get, when you see your loved ones win.

Humans are different from animals they say only because of their emotions and their ability to express their feelings. So why should I have to constrain them?

I wish I mark a copy of this write up in my diary to my brother, but still I hold why the hell should I tell him that I love him?

Cheers
Harish

No comments: