Thursday, June 28, 2007

Second day in delhi

Alarm started ringing at 6 am.

I woke up immediately to change the time in alarm to 7 and slept again. Again it started ringing at 7. This time, cursing why one hour is not sixty minutes during morning alone, I woke up. As usual, I was in front of the mirror in just few seconds of my wake up call, wondering how am I becoming so smart and handsome these days. I smiled gently. The smile, of course was for the quote “Imagination was given to man to console him for what he is not and humor to console him for what he is”, which I remembered instantaneously. It is for you to decide which one is a fact for me, imagination or sense of humor or both but both are good traits to have in your kit.

In next half an hour, completed my morning duties. Everything was provided right from tooth brush to towel. Cursed myself why I had planned so much luggage unnecessarily. Other interesting thing was that there was “Lakme Sunscreen Lotion” in my bathroom. Never had the habit of applying these cosmetics on face, so far. Never wasted money, on them. But, if something is given free of cost, why not I thought and applied them on my face…..Bright and glowing I was out of my bathroom, after having a warm shower after a long time. Don’t mistake I take cold bath daily.

Got myself formally dressed for the official work. Went to dinning room for morning breakfast. They say, “You should have your breakfast like a king, lunch like a commoner and dinner like a beggar”

Was for sure having my breakfast like a king.

Puris, panner butter masalas, Lassi and for some items I don’t know the name. Me, being an opportunist always was taking a good toll of what was offered. Took a snap of this, and planned to change the orkut profile name from Harish Devakumar, the beauty and the beast” to “Harish…eating well…..”, after changing the photograph.

I took my bag, wore it across, and did some small official thinking on what to do there. Had to walk some 100 meters from the guest house to find an auto to reach my official destination.

The road was called Helly Road . My eyes were gazing at every opportunity to look those beautiful girls making a brisk walk down the road. Believe me, Delhi girls are the most prettiest of all what I have seen. Well built with excellent feminine aspects, typically Punjabi bred, fair and beautiful. This topic is interesting, especially for a person like me as I was brought up in a typical south Indian family, where the told and untold rules of relationships build huge boundaries between a girl and a boy. The way I see a girl has changed all these years, and keeps changing every moment. But, if given an opportunity to rate the Indian girls of different states for beauty aspect of their personality, my vote will always go for Delhi girls and I have reasons for that. In short, Keralites are the best among South Indians. They are fair, pretty, and their eyes and long hair needs a special mention. But like all typical South Indian girls, they lack the height and briskness, which these Delhi girls posses. I never felt the heat of Delhi , because of these girls, though the temperature was in high forties, still I did not sweat.

Next four hours, hectic official work.

I returned back by 2.00 pm to guest house. Had lunch. Was about to take a nap. Switched on the television. My favourite tamil movie was on. So was watching it for the next two hours.

At around 4.30 pm, reached Palika Bazaar, a famous underground shopping complex. I have seen tall huge shopping malls, love the spencers in Chennai, but haven’t seen anything like Palika Bazaar before. The first thing you observe is the huge dome, surrounded by green field. So where are the shops?

As you enter the bazaar, get downstairs into the complex, you can see a wide variety of shops in short circles of definite radius. If you don’t follow the path properly, you will walk past the same shops again and again. This bazaar was in news not long time back for all bad reasons, hope you remember “Trial room saga of Delhi girls”. Not interested to discuss this topic right now.

Anyway, it was a great shopping experience. Bought some t shirts and jeans for me and my brother. My bargaining skills are increasing day by day. I was so satisfied with my skills. Very happy that I was able to negotiate in Hindi, from Rs 1250/- per jean to Rs 350/-. After washing these jeans only, I would know whether I am smart or not. Also enquired about i-pods, which I wanted to gift my cousin sister on her coming birthday this September.

As I came out of the complex, I sat down in the park surrounding the bazaar. A lush green cover, under bright yellow sun, was glittering with galaxies of colorful couples. Nostalgically, I remembered my school days. My then sweet heart and my first poetry “Whatever I do, wherever I go, you got to know, it is for You”

There was some pain in my heart. But people always say that this pain of love is painful. But for me, it never was. In fact, I enjoyed the every moment I was in pain, I mean in love. I hope I can call that so. Now I hope you can appreciate these lines of mine

“Listen to the roars of victory and to the sore feelings of defeat,
Within your heart for just a moment,
For just a moment, there shall be ecstasy or there shall be pain,
There shall be love or there shall be hatred,
But all these vanishes within the infinity of time
With just a hope,
That it would repeat or not,
Starting again from the start,
The repeating cycle, the vicious circle”

Last December, my school time sweet heart got married and she is happily settled in Singapore . Very happy for her. For she a true gem and very good human being. And that’s why I loved her. As simple as that.

With these thoughts and some sweet memories, I returned back to my room, still searching for that smile, I had at the start of the day.

There was no much interest in dinner that night, with all these thoughts in mind, but again slept hard. Very tired emotionally…….(To be continued)

No comments: