Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Destiny of God

Hai friends,

Please read the note following this poetry. Very important.

Destiny of God

I wished I was the God one day,
With thousands traveling all the way
And just follow what I say
With all powers to exercise control
And me always on the patrol
Looking for those who hide
And help those seek solace by my side
And wondered at the immense pride
I carry being the God!
Alas, it did come true
Me, granted the boon of ruling the infinity too,
With Eyes wide open to brutal cruelties,
Shoulders burdened with responsibilities,
Decisions to take with all complexities,
Expectations to serve without disparities,
Curses I take for no fault of mine,
With no time for thousands who throng my shrine
Neither do they listen to what I preach,
Fighting in my name, just opposite to what I teach
Neither Am I able to curse
For they happen to be my kids
Whom shall I now for call for help
Oh God! “Oh God, Never will I
think of getting into your shoes,
Very very happy sharing with you my woes”
Note : After writing this piece of work, I showed this to my colleague Satya (who also happens to be in this group) & sought his comments. “The last paragraph was funny” he told.
The poetry was meant to be serious, to set in some serious thought process, but it always happens with me that whatever I intend seriously, finally ends up as a huge comedy. And this destiny of god, is no exception.
But the actual objective of whole is to answer one question of mine, which is lingering for quite sometime now in my depths of heart…
Two statements prevail, in which I find some truth… “ One who never rides a horse, never falls” is a famous quote. One who never takes up responsibilities never gets hurt.
Success mantras of top managers in most organization ( read recently)
Before executing any job
A – Avoid
B – By pass
C – Confuse
D – Delay
And finally, if u fail, please execute the job…. ( Pure definition of delegation)
The question is this “We have shyed away from responsibilities, several times, when we could have helped somebody, due to selfish intentions. Are we (hope I can include you too) not accountable for this at the end of the day?
Hope, I am asking this question to right group, which has one married senior manager, still single software whiz kid, two tata damagers, and two promising young women…
Waiting for your reply though I know it is a Monday morning.

Best regards,
Harish devakumar

No comments: