Thursday, June 28, 2007

Love affair with moon

Flowers faded darkness pervaded
Announcing the demise of the day;
Dark sky’s mystic presence
Speaking eloquence in silence;
Deep thoughts ran through and
World seemed an empty burrow
during night walk with no one to talk;

With moon following me along,
Catching up my every step,
Grooming her figure every night,
Temptations of love affair
were on cards- So sad,
she had, only one heart to spare and
many queuing to love and care;
With NEIL ARMSTRONG already there,
my mind envisaged engagement
Between him and crescent;

Still I tried my damn luck
Knowing my proposal was a dead duck;
“Loving moon! Slightly moonstruck,
mooning all around- why
find fault with surround”
conscience smote me;
The vacuity in my proposal
The reason for her refusal
Evident to my vagrant mind.

Though just a distant onlooker now
the seed of love sowed
has grown into a tree;
Every 30 days, when the
moon is on honeymoon,
blank sky creates obsession very soon;
My love for her never failed

No comments: